About the turkeys
- Heirloom Bronze breed. Free-range, antibiotic-free, GMO-free. Raised by the Koch family at Koch Turkey Farm, Tamaqua, PA.
- Turkeys are delivered frozen.
- Available in five weight tiers: 6-9 lbs., 8-11 lbs., 10-13 lbs., 12-15 lbs., 14-16 lbs..*
- Priced by actual weight of your bird: $7 / lb.
*Turkeys larger than 16 lbs. may be available by special request. Please email to ask.
The heirloom Bronze flock is feeding and growing right now, at Koch Turkey Farm. Picture courtesy Barb Koch.
About the process
- With a $50 deposit, you can reserve a turkey in your chosen weight tier
- The turkeys are still feeding and growing now. In early November when we receive them, weigh them and allocate them to customers, we'll charge you the balance owed.
- Turkeys will be delivered -- frozen, in an insulated bag with dry ice -- to customers' homes prior to Thanksgiving. Near Country Provisions delivery is always free.
- Only subscribers to Near Country's core beef and pork provisions offerings are eligible for our turkeys.
- If you're not yet a subscriber, you can reserve a turkey today, but you'll have to become a provisions subscriber in order to get your bird. Otherwise we'll refund your deposit.
- Click here to learn more about provisions subscriptions.
- Questions? Please email us to ask!
- 6-9 lbs.: Serves 5-6 people
- 8-11 lbs.: Serves 6-7 people
- 10-13 lbs.: Serves 7-9 people
- 12-15 lbs.: Serves 8-10 people
- 14-16 lbs.: Serves 10-12 people