Pasta Carbonara Recipe
From Pauline C. of Alexandria
- 1 package ugly bacon
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons oil or bacon fat
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cut bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears). Using a large sauté pan, cook on medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat, if desired.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water and drain.
- Dice onion and sauté, over medium heat, in oil or bacon fat.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and milk or cream (depending on how decadent you want it).
- When onion is soft, add the pasta and bacon to the pan. Then add the egg mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until well mixed, cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let rest for 5-10 minutes for the eggs to cook in the residual heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.