Operations Coordinator (Part-time)
We're looking for someone to become part of our team as a part-time operations associate.
- Hours/week somewhat flexible but in the ballpark of 10-15
- Location is our new warehouse/office in Rockville - walking distance from Metro (Red). (We practice COVID-protection measures while working together in the warehouse.)
- For the right candidate, compensation is flexible based on your abilities and needs
Why this is an amazing opportunity
- Make a difference: We're advancing how small-scale agriculture positively impacts the environment and animal welfare; the healthfulness with which consumers feed their families; and the strength of local food systems.
- Get in at the ground floor at a startup that's growing quickly
- Help assembling ("picking and packing") customer's subscription bags, including following guidelines and making judgment calls about which cuts of meat to give them each month
- Help keep warehouse organized, including making sure boxes in our large walk-in freezer are organized (includes lifting boxes up to 30-35 lbs.)
- Manage inventory, including keeping updated counts, and using spreadsheets to track
- Provide general administrative and logistical assistance as we move into our new warehouse in September
- Based on your interests and skills, role could include providing email and chat support to customers
- We're a startup, so we'd also be looking for you to contribute in ways that we might even be thinking about, but capitalize on your skills and interests!
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, resourcefulness, drive
- Professional and/or extra-curricular experience in which you demonstrated smarts and accountability
- Passion for one or more aspects of our mission
- Based in the Washington, DC metro area
- You've been practicing social distancing, and generally minimizing your risk of COVID-19 exposure
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- In your cover letter, please answer this question: What do you think is the most important quality for a marketer to have, to be able to be successful in a startup company?