What we're looking for
- A marketer who can help us improve our marketing efforts, and acquire more customers
- A driven, entrepreneurial rockstar who would be our company's first full-time team member, and thought partner to our Founder-CEO in building
Why this is an amazing opportunity
- Make a difference: We're advancing how small-scale agriculture positively impacts the environment and animal welfare; the healthfulness with which consumers feed their families; and the strength of local food systems.
- Get in at the ground floor at a startup that's growing quickly
- Be the primary thought partner to, and influence on, the founder-CEO
- Create a marketing function from square 1
- Build on marketing successes to date, and creatively expand marketing mix
- Explore and test whole range of channels: digital, social, grassroots, older-school (direct mail, TV, radio)... nothing's off limits, as long as you can make a case for the tests you want to run
- Experience in consumer marketing
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, resourcefulness, drive
- Learning orientation, and test-and-learn approach to marketing initiatives
- Comfort with quantitative reasoning and data-driven decision-making
- Passion for one or more aspects of our mission
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and help out in other aspects of the business outside of marketing. We're a startup with a small team. There are no silos, and we all help each other out.
- Based in the Washington, DC metro area
- While there's no strict minimum or maximum experience or educational level, this job is probably best suited for someone 0-4 years out of college... whose abilities might make them confused for someone ten years out of college : )
Job location and COVID impacts
- For work that doesn't require being in our office/warehouse, you can work from home and we'll communicate electronically. This will be most of the time.
- For work that requires being in the office/warehouse, we take responsible precautions including of course mask-wearing
- Even though most marketing work can and will be done remotely, we do want someone who is based near enough to Rockville, MD to be able to come in to the office/warehouse when needed
- Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter, please answer this question: What do you think is the most important quality for a marketer to have, to be able to be successful in a startup company?
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace.