What we're looking for
- A marketer who can help us improve our marketing efforts, and acquire more customers
- A driven, entrepreneurial rockstar who can be a thought partner to our Founder-CEO in building the company
Why this is an amazing opportunity
- Make a difference: We're advancing how small-scale agriculture positively impacts the environment and animal welfare; the healthfulness with which consumers feed their families; and the strength of local food systems.
- Get in at the ground floor at a startup that's growing quickly
- Be a primary thought partner to, and influence on, the founder-CEO
- Create a marketing function from square 1
- Build on marketing successes to date, and creatively expand marketing mix
- Explore and test whole range of channels: digital, social, grassroots, older-school (direct mail, TV, radio)... nothing's off limits, as long as you can make a case for the tests you want to run
- Experience in consumer marketing
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, resourcefulness, drive
- Learning orientation, and test-and-learn approach to marketing initiatives
- Comfort with quantitative reasoning and data-driven decision-making
- Passion for one or more aspects of our mission
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and help out in other aspects of the business outside of marketing. We're a startup with a small team. There are no silos, and we all help each other out.
- Based in the Washington, DC metro area
- While there's no strict minimum or maximum experience or educational level, this job is probably best suited for someone 0-4 years out of college... whose abilities might make them confused for someone ten years out of college : )
- You're fully COVID-vaccinated
Job location and COVID impacts
- For work that doesn't require being in our office/warehouse, you can work from home and we'll communicate electronically.
- Even though much marketing work can be done remotely, we do want someone who is based near enough to Rockville, MD to be able to come in to the office/warehouse regularly
- Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- In your cover letter, please answer this question: What do you think is the most important quality for a marketer to have, to be able to be successful in a startup company?
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace.