About these smoked hams
- Boneless. Available in several weight tiers.
- No nitrates or nitrites (More detail)
- Pasture- and woodlot-raised pork from the heritage breed blends at our partner Grand View Farm (Forest Hill, MD).
- Ham was fast-frozen immediately after curing, and is delivered frozen.
Note that these hams were prepared for us by the processing partner who makes our bacon and sausage. They were not made by Epic Curing, which made our hams for Easter 2021, and our corned beef for St. Patrick's Day 2022.
We also have Bone-in Hams available.
Color and taste of no-nitrate/nitrite ham
- Smoked ham made without nitrates or nitrites will have some minor differences from conventionally smoked and cured ham. Specifically, it does not get as pink, and it is more "pork-y" because the processing transformation is more moderated without the nitrates and nitrites.
- If you are familiar with our nitrate/nitrite-free bacon, and how it differs in color and flavor from conventional bacon, you'll have an idea for how this smoked ham is subtly different.
- The Bone-in Hams were made with the conventional curing process, and so are characteristically pink.
Delivery for Easter
- If you are a new customer, please email us, and we will do our very best to arrange to deliver your ham before Easter.
- If you are in a community that receives deliveries between the 5th-15th, you are assured to be able to receive delivery before Easter.
- If you are in the 10th-20th or 15th-25th group, please email us and we'll do our best to schedule your ham delivery in time.
Please only proceed with this Add-On purchase if you have subscribed to All-In, Essentials or Daily Grind provisions. If you have questions about this, please email us, or you can Shop Provisions now!